Thursday, October 29, 2009

Various


What do you think Bernina would think of
this classic image! Lyn hadn't cleaned her
machine since buying it and there was
quite a bit of gunk in the bobbin area.
Typical male solution - get some
machinery on the job - it worked a treat
I can tell you.



Last year in Houston I bought some uncompleted double wedding ring/pickle dish arcs in 40's fabrics. They were so wonky with no two arcs the same size so I redrew the block in EQ and made a new arc template. I recut the arcs to be all the same and am in the process of piecing them with a yellow spot centre. Haven't decided on the colour for larger joining piece yet but it is fun working with all these lovely vintage prints.
Check out Martha's blog here to see some pieces almost the same and a different way of piecing them.


Keep an eye out for the next issue of Down Under Quilts which will be featuring the raffle quilt we made for this year's
Springwood Quilt Show. It's in an article on new ways with old designs and this is the quilt.

Have a look at Deborah (the editor's) blog here for more info.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Chris -- those arcs do look like mine (except a bit longer) -- the fabrics are very similar. I love the yellow centers -- so cheery! When I add a fabric to the scrappy mix, it's almost always a solid -- now I'm going to start thinking about adding a print. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm excited to see more of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oriental Journey quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete