Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sydney Quilt Show

Still recovering from this years Sydney Quilt Show! First up was two days at the judging of 400 quilts - a massive effort from all the volunteers. Then on to four days of the show.
I was thrilled to receive a 2nd place for my Road Trip quilt. Thanks to sponsor 2 Green Zebras for my prize. 

If that wasn't enough excitement our Springwood raffle quilt won a 3rd prize. Thank you Charles Parsons and Victorian Textiles. 

My other entry was Fish Pond. No prize here but nice to see it hanging. 

There were a couple of entries using my patterns. Pam Westmacott's Deco Lamp. Love that quilting. 

Diane Nilon's Scrappy Windmills looked great. 

And here's Robin Allan's version of Jacobean Star. She quilts her own on a long arm. Beautiful.
I met so many friends at the show and not just because I was on the Membership Desk for three days! It was lovely to catch up with Wendy Welsh, an IG pal from NZ.
A busy month ahead for me with three speaking engagements - not my usual thing but I'm sure I'll cope.

5 comments:

  1. You are such a talent! I gasp at every quilt and this new one is FANTASTIC! Love it. Carrolyn V (comments default under hubby's account...he wonders why he gets so much quilting mail!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilts were wonderful.......lovely to see you at the show.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your ribbon and that of the Springwood Quilt. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win Chris. I bet you are exhausted it is a lot of work and tiring to boot. it was a great Quilt Show they just seem to get better and better each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luuuuuurve your Road Trip quilt! Congratulations on the prize.

    ReplyDelete