Monday, May 4, 2009

Time flies doesn't it


Where have the last ten days gone to?? Nearly two weeks ago we were getting ready to hang 150 quilts at Springwood High. All went pretty well with late nights leading up to opening day on Friday. Attendances were fantastic with @ $11,500 income from the door, raffle and cafe. Look like the textile students will be getting a couple more Berninas and Kids with Cancer will receive a fair share also.

No pics I'm sorry as I was too busy on my own stall - what a hoot meeting so many lovely people and giving our own stimulus package to the economy!

Marilyn the exhibition organiser won the raffle quilt - how wonderful it stayed in the family so to speak. Thanks to everyone who bought tickets. It is entered in the group category at Darling Harbour if you'd like a look.

I snuck in four nights in Noosa with hubby - he drove and I flew up - in between the show and our quilt camp this last weekend. Even managed a swim and a bit of reading too. Camp was at the Christian Bros centre at Mulgoa. Perfect weather and great company all weekend. Sorry Pam my room mate if I kept you awake!
Check out the widget for SEWN on the sidebar on the left. Sarah Fielke ex Material Obsession is involved in a new project to be launched on June 8. There will be prizes offered by participating bloggers - I'm one with some Mariners patterns on offer - so look at the guidelines and leave a comment to win.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like it's going to be good. (I kind of wish my copy of Material Obsession had the original cover now though.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try Mariner's Compass.
    I would love to be entered in your draw.
    Thanks for the chance.

    Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the giveaway!
    Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another prick in the memory of a quilt I have always wanted to make... bought fabrics several time but alas have used them on other projects. Maybe this time I will go further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I linked over here from the list of participating blogs and had a very difficult time finding your giveaway. It's buried in a post..is that intentional? You're missing out on having new people to read your site on a regular basis. Just thought I'd mention it. Enter me in your giveaway....

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh I would love to win, please enter me into your draw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never done a Mariner's Compass as it looks very difficult. Maybe with a PATTERN I could make one! I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete