Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Caloundra Quilters

Last weekend I had the pleasure of teaching a 2day workshop at Caloundra Arts centre for the Caloundra Quilters. They share this amazing venue with all these other art groups and it's a massive space well set out for them all. My workshop was in a massive room and I figured I walked about 10kms over the two days!
I can't seem to write under each pic so I'll do it all here and you'll have to scroll down to see them. 
This post is from my iPad and I don't really know what I'm doing!
The girls tackled my Mariners Garden quilt and got heaps done over the 2 days as you can see below.  
Some sewed their circles together and considered backgrounds while some were happy to sew lots of each section to be finished later. 
I had a great time and I hope they did too. Thanks Cathy for picking me up each morning, thanks Lorraine for my lovely lunch and surprise pressie and thanks Margaret for,organising it all. 
I'd come back in a flash!
BTW the kookie-looking books in the garden were made by the potters to represent all the groups who use the centre. Love it!








4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great time was had by all. Your class got a lot done in two days, there's lots of wonderful colourful compasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought i could just say wow! but that's already been said! :) awesome work - what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking good, very colourful. A lot of work in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You taught them how to make a gorgeous, and technically-challenging, piece! Good for you to have done that. Sounds like you had a good time, and maybe even walked off a kilo or two!

    ReplyDelete