Monday, November 18, 2013

Birdhouse Quilters

I recently spent two days in a workshop with the Birdhouse Quilters in downtown Bomaderry. Great venue - thanks Narelle and lovely girls.
A couple were making a start on a new quilt - Asian Strings.

... here's a centre a two blocks completed.

 They sewed up quickly and used lots of strips from the stash.

 Another table was making Friendship Ring from a layer cake and using the 10deg wedge ruler.
Some were to be quilts and some were to be table toppers.



This was a rare sunny moment on day two. It rained nearly the whole time I was away.


And the majority of the group started on New York Beauties. What a great combination of colours and designs they were pumping out! This is one of my favourite workshops and it never fails to amaze me at all the variety from the block.
I have started another of these quilts - 12" block and 19 different versions. It's so much fun to see the end result. More on that later!
What do you think of this beauty! It's a tin I found at the op-shop.
Would make a fantastic quilt wouldn't it.

2 comments:

  1. Those Bombaderry quilters sure know how to have fun with fabric. That tin is a great find, it's as thought it was put there for you to find. I bet you're tempted to make the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic blocks! I'm such a fan of string quilts too.

    Love the tin!

    ReplyDelete