Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Charmhaven

Where's that I hear you say? It's on the Central Coast just near Wyong and it's the home of a lovely shop called All About Sewing. It's owned by Jody who's in the middle of this collage.
I'd never been there before and it's an oasis of beautiful things in the middle of an ordinary shopping strip.
As you can see we had a Basic Mariners class with a large group going all out for the day. Some managed more than others and lots of different fabric choices made for lots of different results.
Thanks Jody and Leanne for organising the day - it was a lot of fun.

I've finished writing up two BOMs lately so I had a chance to SEW!
This is my version of Kate Conklin's wonky zig zag quilt. What a fun project! Two fat qtrs for each strip  and it comes together in a flash. Great for kids or modern young things.

And this is a terrible pic but I'm slowly transforming a tablecloth into a quilt top. It's a beautiful weight linen, heavily embroidered and just screamed out for something extra. Hexagons at the moment but other things to come.
Not long now to the Sydney Quilt Show! but before that I'm off to the Australian Quilt Study Group's two-day seminar in the city. Staying over with a couple of friends and really looking forward to seeing lots of old quilts and hearing interesting speakers too.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing the tablecloth completed.

    ReplyDelete