Thursday, July 10, 2014

Winners part three

These are my two quilts hanging at Sydney Quilt Show.

Though I didn't win a prize for either of them I feel like a winner just because they'll be seen by so many visitors to the show. Above is Fiesta, a riot of NYB blocks and below  is my Cut Loose sampler made after a class with Gwen Marston. I loved making and quilting every little bit of this quilt. Such a fun piece.
And I really am a winner with this quilt which is a project in the current issue of Quilters Companion magazine - my Sunflower quilt. Hand pieced sunflowers appliqued onto their backgrounds with foundation pieced sashing.

And Grace's Quilt which won a prize at the show has a pattern which is available here so you can make your own version.

I am at the show tomorrow demonstrating foundation piecing in the Guild demo area so if you're there come by and say hi.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations as always, well done Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing sense of colour Chris - beautiful! Thanks for putting them in the Show so we can admire them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always wonderful to see your quilts! I loved your Cut Loose quilt. I saw a few quilts made from your patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the quilts looked great at the new venue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Gwen inspired quilt looked like it was fun and I'm a huge fan of the NYB so it was wonderful to see your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, your Sunflower quilt is just stunning! Absolutely beautiful. As are they all - but that one just speaks to me! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a pattern available for the Spinner quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris, what was your source for the NYBeauty quilt?

    ReplyDelete