Monday, August 17, 2015

Busy, busy!

Over the last three weeks I haven't had time to scratch myself let alone do any sewing. Firstly I had the privilege of judging the 2015 Canberra Quilt Show. It was an amazing experience and the committee looked after me so well. You can see the results here http://canberraquilters.org.au/2015-members-exhibition-results/ The standard was very high and my job was difficult with lots of possible winners. I congratulate all those prize winners but really all quilt on display were winners!
Then it was off to Mudgee for a weekend workshop with Mudgee Quilters. Two projects happening with lots of NYBs and Mariners Madness quilts started. Mudgee is a beautiful old town in a major wine growing area and our venue was perfect for a weekend of sewing.
Thanks to Liz for organising the workshop. 
Back home for mid-week classes then it was off to Tamworth for two days of NYBs and my Square Dance quilt. The venue this time was the beautiful Calrossy School. Tamworth is another big old country town and the Peel Country Quilters went out of their way to make my stay so enjoyable. 

More NYB blocks. Such a variety with great fabric choices all weekend.
Some Square Dance blocks coming together.

Organiser Wanda ferried me around all weekend and we got on like a house on fire. A great group and a pleasure to guide thru the finer points of foundation piecing.


Julie sent me this pic of her version of my Botanical Beauty quilt. A great way to display those Colours of Australia fabrics. Thanks Julie.
As my reward for a few hectic weeks DH and I are off on a road trip to Adelaide via Broken Hill. I haven't been to either city so I'm really looking forward to the journey and time out for a while. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Great work as always Chris, have a great time away, maybe a little inspiration on the way, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend that was in Tamworth. It's amazing to see how fantastic the blocks look altogether, even though they were done in all different fabrics by different people. Thanks again for a wonderful workshop.
    Cheers, Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canberra quilts are amazing, as you say everyone a winner. Enjoy yr time away, maybe some inspiration from the colours out there. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. All stunning as usual. I do love Julie's quilt - gorgeous colours. Have a good break and hope you find time to scratch yourself!! ?? xCathy

    ReplyDelete