Monday, May 11, 2009

Guess what!!


I sent a quilt to the Cotton Expo in Narrabri for their quilt show and I won a 1st prize!! in the traditional section with Oriental Mariners. Very generous amount of cash it was too.

Had a lovely Mothers day at Bicentennial Park with hubby and kids (25 & 32 so not so kiddish I guess) picnicking and bike riding. What a great venue for both. There were lots of other families celebrating and we will certainly visit again - the bike paths are fantastic.
I'm on a deadline to finish quilting my entry for Darling Harbour - 3 and a bit weeks til drop-off day - better get on with it.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilts are amazing!!! Gorgeous.
    You are very talented. Do you sell patterns of any of your Mariners Compass quilts? I think I'm a little far to take one of your classes! LOL
    I hope to be in sydney again in 2011 so maybe I could take a class then! I'm Ruth in Canada.
    Thanks so much
    ruthoblinski@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chris, I was reading in bed (bit of a cold) and I buy and collect all my favourite patchwork mags.
    I do patchwork myself.
    Came across your profile Australian Country Craft and decorating magazine, Vol 22, no. 1 and thought I'd say g'day. Congratulations on your new grandaughter. I have a 2 year old grandaughter Kilahni and she has a new 8 week old brother Coltahr, isn't it fun.
    Lovely to drop by
    Joanne Powell
    Annandale QLD (Townsville) 4814

    ReplyDelete