Sunday, November 29, 2009

Who's a lucky girl then

How about that! There's my quilt on the cover of BCC - what great photos they produce. It's a scrap thousand pyramids quilts just right for hand-piecing over the summer hols. Hand quilted with number 8 thread - how quick and easy is that.

This is the first of my order of three quilt history books to arrive from Amazon. What a delight it is. Every time the courier walks down the path with a mystery bag/box it feels like Xmas - maybe it is! Full of quilts and the stories behind them it will be consumed over several weeks and lots of cups of tea.
Another real surprise is the mention of my Mariners Garden quilt pattern on the blog of Penny The Dedicated Appliquist.
Go and have a look at her fantastic site all about applique with a bit of her life thrown in. It's a treat to read. Thanks Penny for mentioning me, I am thrilled. The pattern is available from my SEWnSELL shop and the button's on the side bar.
Penny also put me on to the three new quilt history books available from Amazon at a really good price. If you're interested just scroll back thru a couple of her posts and you'll find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment