Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What a surprise!

Out of the blue last week I got an email from Marina and Daryl Lynn at Quilt Inspiration - a blog that provides "Inspiration, tools and techniques for beautiful quilts". Would I be interested in being featured on their blog?
Would I ever!! Have a look at their post for today and tell me how it reads. I think they've done a great job - it even makes me sound like I know what I'm doing!! While you're there check out all the free patterns on the sidebar. There are lots of amazing projects to download. Thanks again Marina and Daryl, much appreciated.

A few finishes lately for me - Basket Case was a lot of fun and I'm really taken with all the funky fabrics around these days - thanks Rachael!

Gaby's DWR with extras. Celtic work and candlewicking too. It will be in the Springwood Show so come and have a closer look.

Candlewicking in the middle of the rings.

Mine again - Orange peel I think. The petals were hand appliqued onto 4" squares and it was a keep-awake-in-front-of-the-telly project. Used up a few leftovers on the borders too. Feel I must get out the No.8 thread and hand quilt it too.

4 comments:

  1. What a great interview!! You deserve to be a super star!! Those baskets totally rock!!! You made me appreciate repro fabrics so it's only fair that you have fun with funky fabrics! I'm looking forward to seeing the DWR quilt at the Show. It looks amazing! And yes, the orange peel is calling out for perle stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your interview and your blocks and quilts are amazing. They are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Chris. You are really becoming a celebrity and I love the orange peel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smitten with your orange peel quilt. Its scrappiness is so attractive. I haven't seen candlewicking for years! I made a candlewick quilt in the early 80s. You make me wonder where it is now! Congrats on your celebrity-dom. I'm not a bit surprised.

    ReplyDelete