Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New quilts



I've been absorbed lately with two quilts soon to be featured in Express Publications mags. Some people find it hard to make a quilt from magazine instructions - can you imagine how hard it is for the designer to write those instructions!

Usually I have already quilted the intended project so that means I have to go back and detail the construction sometimes months after making the quilt. You'd think I would have learned to write things down as I'm making something - but I'm so focused on making the piece I can't stop to take notes. Oh well that's the way it is I guess. Here's a sneak peak at what's to come.

2 comments:

  1. The first block is my favorite. I just love circular designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both but I especially like circles. Look forward to seeing the completed quilt design. I have spent all day with my daughter Rebecca in 3 Patchwork shops a shared joy.

    ReplyDelete