Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We've done it again!


You'll never guess - our raffle quilt has taken out 1st prize in its category AGAIN at the Sydney Quilt Show at Darling Harbour. A massive prize of fabric and wadding - congrats to all the helpers who put in time and effort to make the quilt such a beautiful one and to the winner Marilyn for lending it back to us for the show.
If you're going to the Show this week check out the quilt and the other 380 odd entries - they are wonderful. And the shops are pretty good too!
I spent Tuesday helping to set up the stands and quilts and it was a great way to get in on the action early and meet some lovely guild members. It's a good way to volunteer your time to the guild. I'll be on the Fortunes and Fairies stand on Friday if you're coming to the show - call in and say hello.
A pattern is available for this quilt - just email me.

4 comments:

  1. I can understand why this quilt was a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. I love it. I have it on my quilt wish list to make someday. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just set up my account now to see if it works

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is amazing! I sure wouldn't want to be hanging by that quilt, its beautiful! -Allison

    ReplyDelete