Monday, October 31, 2011

Out and about

I had the pleasure of visiting the Waratah Quilters from Telopea at their retreat in Wentworth Falls last week.
There were several projects happening and we had a fun day. Thanks again Hannah for my lovely present!

Lee who has been in a class with me years ago!! brought this along for show and tell. Her version of my Noodle Box quilt - what a beauty and so big. Below is a close-up of one of the blocks - just great.


Then it was a weekend in Canberra at Hobbysew Belconnen for a NYB class followed by a Mariners Compass class.
Great work from all the girls and such enthusiasm. I'm back in January for the same thing if you're interested.

Some girls sewed faster than others and despite a few hiccups the results were beautiful as you can see.


I have lots more pics but blogger is being difficult today so more next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    I think I have fixed the glitch. Great NYB blocks they just go on and on don't they all different colourways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Waratah Quilters look like they had a fun time making beautiful compasses. Your Hobby Sew ladies work is so fabulous and striking. I LOVE that Noodle Box quilt!! The fabrics are so gorgeous!! What a perfect pattern to show off those gorgeous prints. If we ask nicely do you think Lee would put it in the Springwood show?

    ReplyDelete