Monday, November 14, 2011

Various

These two quilts share the same border fabric and the same blocks with a slightly different layout.
How different they look with the individual owner's fabric choices. Both stunning.
These foundations are a lot fun to do and allow for lots of colour combos - really only limited by your imagination.

Show and tell at Figtree yesterday.
Such a different approach and such bold fabrics. Quilting was pretty good too.
The day was a riot - someone said because it's a full moon. Things just went awry all day.
Lucky we can laugh!

This was a fantastic group class with the Birdhouse Quilters.
2 days of frantic sewing produced a couple of finishes and lots of WIP's.
Great venue at Narelle's beautiful house and we were fed and watered constantly.
Thanks Maggie for accommodating me and say hi to Tiger!

My stepson sent me this from a store in Santa Monica - he thinks it was a clothing store.
Too cool!

These two pics are from Lynne who was in my class at Toowoomba. Here's what she wrote:

"Have finally finished quilting my Mariners Compass, in the border I used the William Morris fabric
designed by Michelle Hill.
Now it's back to Lots of Dots & pickled Lillies, but still have my Deauville to quilt. Nothing like a few more challenges! I love foundation piecing, it takes all the hassle out of piecing."

She's a girl after my own heart. Well done Lynne and keep on piecing.



3 comments:

  1. love the workshop achievements............wow all those sewing machines.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much beauty in this post!How interesting to see the same border fabric but the quilts are quite different. Lynne from Toowoomba's quilt is beautiful. I love the geometric flower quilting, was it quilted by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog creation of beautiful quilt.....
    camping stores toowoomba

    ReplyDelete