Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sydney Quilt Show

What a great 1st day at the show!
We were so lucky to have our raffle quilt, Seven Sisters from the Springwood Quilt Show awarded 4th prize in the Group Category at the show yesterday. Here are a few of the committee posing proudly in front of the quilt with Suzie Anderson the supreme quilter in front.

And here's our rosette!

I can now reveal that for the past five months I have been working on a Block of the Month quilt for Sydney quilt shop Material Obsession! And this is it on display at the shop's stand at the show. If you call by have a good look at it - 8 foundation pieced blocks in fantastic fabrics with flying geese sashing and diamond borders. Maybe you'd like to sign up for the program and make your own version - just contact the shop or see them at the show. Great instructions and foundation patterns included I guarantee!

I spent some time yesterday working on the Universal Magazines stand with the lovely Pam promoting Quilters Companion and Homespun magazines. And displayed on the wall is my latest project to appear in the July issue of Homespun - Chocolate Stars. Not a great pic of the quilt but you get the idea.

I spoke to so many students and friends yesterday it was like old-home week. This is Anita with her "combination quilt" in the show - some of my blocks and some from another class. Well done that girl!

This is one of my show entries - Basket Case - which I am teaching at Quilt Escape at Cottage Quiltworks at Warriewood in July. Lots of funky baskets in fabulous fabrics - ring the shop for details.

This gem you have seen before - Ann-Marie Smithers' Blue Mariners which was awarded 3rd place in the First Entrant Category. Congratulations Ann-Marie! How exciting for you and sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you after the ceremony.
If you get a chance go the show at Darling Harbour. You'll see fantastic quilts and lots of great shops.

4 comments:

  1. I can read this post now I've been to the show. I was like a stalker going around the show spotting your quilts. I saw your hexagon star but I didn't see Chocolate Stars. It was such a buzz to see the raffle quilt and Pams quilt! I loved your basket quilt!! Ill be posting some of my favourite quilts soon... And I'll be showing your amazing flower quilt- you missed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done all committee members of the Springwood Community Quilt Show for yet another remarkable raffle quilt prize. Special mention of thanks to Suzie whose quilting really made the quilt. Look forward to catching up with you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just dropped in from Rachel's! Your work is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete