Friday, May 3, 2013

Recovering!

...from a very tiring five days of quilt show!
Here's the team from Unique Treasures - our stall at the show selling bric AND brac plus patterns, fabric and quilts. And we had a great time catching up with old friends over the three days the show was open. I can tell you Jenny Patterson's Tree of Life quilt was voted viewers choice and Colleen from the Lillyvale stall at the show won the raffle quilt! Almost keeps it in the family doesn't it.
I'll have details re money raised soon.
 
In the meantime some pics to ponder. This is a version of my Deauville quilt - so sorry I've not kept a record of the maker's name!

This is Libby's NYB quilt made for a guy whose interests are reflected in the fabrics chosen. Great work!

Heard of yarn-bombing? Wikipedia tells me it's "a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk."
Check these two out - how clever!

Not much to report this week - I'm busy quilting my quilt for the Sydney Quilt Show in June and another due at Quilters Companion magazine the same week! Better get to it.

2 comments:

  1. What a great photo of the 4 of you unique treasures :) I love the colours used for the Deuville quilt, and how fun is the blokey quilt! Yarn bombing is sooo cool!!! Wouldn't it be fun to get some yarn bombers to decorate some of the trees around the entrance to the quilt show. We're off to the Eastwood Quilters Show today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Springwood show sounds wonderful, from all accounts, and seeing your smiling faces says it all. Maybe next year I'll get there...:-) Love the yarn bombing photos - it's great to start the day with such fun!

    ReplyDelete