Friday, February 5, 2010

Connections

Life's full of weird things isn't it? Take these three:
1st - a lady rang me about a quilt in a magazine and after chatting it turned out she lived in the town where I was born and she knew my parents from 50 years ago,
2nd - Laraine was cruising my blog and saw Jeanette's wedding photo. Her husband is a long-standing very best friend of Jeanette's brother-in-law.
3rd - I have joined an internet swap - see the side bar - organised by two lovely girls in the Netherlands. I have been partnered with Erica (my daughter's name) from Washington in the US. On her to-do list she has my Mariners Garden quilt pattern from DUQ a couple of years ago.
On their own these are all interesting but all three happened in the last week! I think that's amazing don't you?
I'm out today with hubby (slowly getting better!) for a birthday lunch and a visit to Country Pickins at the Corner, one of the few patchwork shops I haven't been to yet. What a great way to spend the day.

2 comments:

  1. I could not think of a better way to spend the day. Its great to have a husband that is interested and happy enough to tag along. Even if like mine he sits in the car and reads a book.So Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy or Girl!Life is full of coincidences and surprises.I haven't been to Country Pickins at the Corner yet that is on my list. I bet you didn't walk out of there empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite the odd string of coincidences! I love discovering new shops...did you have fun?

    ReplyDelete