Friday, February 12, 2010

What a mess


We had 5" of rain here last Friday night resulting in a flood through our garage and into my sewing/classroom. The carpet has been removed and we're waiting on insurance to replace it. Meanwhile no weekly classes til that happens. Sorry girls! We are all missing our regular get-togethers to catch up on all the goss and look at who's been sewing what.





These two quilts belong to my good friend Pam. One is her version of my Hexagon Magic quilt with hand pieced and appliqued hexagons around a centre medallion. The colours are so lovely and she's doing a great job, as always.
The little cot quilt is for her new grandaughter and I had the pleasure of quilting it. The pic really highlights the quilting doesn't it.
The NYB quilt is Toni's from a Springwood class.
What a great use of colour! Hope she has it quilted for our Springwood show.
The entry form for the Darling Harbour quilt show arrived yesterday. Lots of new categories and much food for thought. I have finished my entry - this year my entry photo won't be just the unquilted top like previous years! - and I just need to add a label.
Put the dates 16-20 June on the calendar - it's the big quilt event for us here in NSW.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilts! I've never entered a quilt in a show, and I dare say I never will. But I do get excited for other people! :)

    ReplyDelete